Against All Odds | Photo Set - Life At Wasteland

Monday, June 28, 2010 10 Comments A+ a-

Canon 400D/Canon 70/300IS USM @ 90mm | 1/640s | f/7.1 | ISO 100adjust your monitor brightness and contrast to see all gray scale levels for better view   Rewind yourself back to the beginning of “Life at Wasteland”

June 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM delete

looks like an artistic fence made of brass.wonderful golden light!btw,how do these plants survive without water?cacti can store water,but this?

June 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM delete

Love the colours. contrast in the colours works well here. nice :)

June 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM delete

Hi MD & Rishini,

Thanks a lot for your comments. Yep, even I like this golden colour that given by the hard sunlight.

@MD
Yes, this is one of the healthiest plants that I saw in the area. True, there’s no way that this bush can store water within itself unless having strong roots to find the water way beneath this hard surface.

June 30, 2010 at 4:00 AM delete

ya,i'm really surprised to see this plant survive in such conditions.need to learn a lot from it :-)
i dont think its roots would go so deep.but then,how else would it retain its life?God knows!!

June 30, 2010 at 4:48 PM delete

I like the contrast of the chaotic forground in a calm background...let me guess..you gave a touch of contrast and sharpness in this pic right? It has highlighted the thorny and pricky feel of the bush :-)

June 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM delete

@MD
Thanks for the comment.

Yes, there should be water in a reachable distance. Stay tuned you might find the source of it :D

@Patali
Thanks for the comment.

Yep, you are correct. Original shot got enough contrast and details on it, but I tweaked a bit get more highlight for my liking. Looks like you are a fan of high contrast and sharpness like me, I saw it in your recent pic’s too =D

July 2, 2010 at 10:48 PM delete

Wow.. nice warm colors! Prolly this plant has a lot of thorns just like a cactus. Thorns help them to absorb water from air.

July 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM delete

Thanks for the comment Harumi,

Ahh yes..that could be the secret of this plant then. Thanks for the info.

SACHIRA
August 18, 2010 at 4:27 AM delete

Hey Bro, you are gifted. I love all the pictures in your blog. I like this one a lot. Cant wait to see you new post. Keep it up.

August 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM delete

Hi Sachira,

Thanks for dropping by Bro. appreciate your encouraging words.

I skimmed through your blog and I must say you are a great photographer too ;)