The Big Secret | Photo Set - Life At Wasteland

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 15 Comments A+ a-

adjust your monitor brightness and contrast to see all gray scale levels for better view   Did anyone expected to see natural spring water ponds in this barren landscape?

Even to my surprise it was hiding between these massive mountains and flows for few meters before it gets disappeared in to the
   ground. But it must be running underground by giving a lifeline to those who are struggling survive around the area. Well that’s
   something isn’t it?

That bright white rock in the middle of the top right image …

Can you see a small black dot on it? Well, that’s someone very special resting on it and it’s not something to miss especially
   in this wasteland. But to take a closer look of it I need to risk my equipment and get in to the water.

Hmmm… Now the question is whether I took the risk or not? Anyone can guess? :D

[update]
   To view the coloured version of this snap please click on the above B&W image.

Rewind yourself back to the beginning of “Life at Wasteland”

July 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM delete

good blog, keep it up

lets answer those who tarnish Buddhism

බුදුදහමට නිගරු කරන්නන්ට නිසි පිළිතුරු දෙමු , ඔබගේ අදහස් මෙහි පලකරන්න

July 6, 2010 at 10:18 AM delete

just cant believe!spring in a desert?
hey,why didnt u post the images in colour?
you are good at keeping the suspense.

July 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM delete

let the things fade away like the lines drawn in water....and new ripples are sure to follow... :)

July 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM delete

Thanks lanka1-answers,
Welcome to my blog

@MD
Yes, those ponds are not too far away from the place I took my 1st pic of this series. But few meters away from the ponds you see nothing but the desert. I guess that you can imagine the heat you get in the place right?

I didn’t post the colour snaps because there were some writings on the rocks and it distracts the natural beauty of it. (no matter where you live you always find enough people who destroy the environment ha?) Anyway let me try to get the colour pics and add it in here for you.

Hehe am I? Yeah! I guess it kept this series alive for a while right? =D

July 6, 2010 at 10:11 PM delete

@vanilla twilight,
Poetic … ;)

Who knows you might get caught up in a huge wave and throw back to the shore even… lol

July 7, 2010 at 12:14 AM delete

Nice twist in the series...like the climax of a good story that comes at the least expected moment.

It would have been interesting if you could post this in colour...maybe low in saturation, but enough colour to highlight the different textures better.

July 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM delete

Hi Patali,

Thanks for the comment. I have already added the coloured version in this snap. Please click on the B&W image and it will popup the coloured snap.

Let me know which version is better or if you have any suggestions :)

July 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM delete

i think i like the coloured version...even with the rock graffiti :)

the colour gives more life to the pool...almost as if one can walk in to it.

suspence is on for the mysterious Rock Monster ;)

July 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM delete

Hi Patali,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, those rock graffiti was the reason that I converted it to B&W. But you like the coloured version. Cool!

Actually we walked across the other too pools but not the one with rock monster. It looks pretty deep :D

Hey thanks for the title. I’m going to use “Rock Monster” for my next post ;)

July 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM delete

Lovely! Who is that intruder?

July 7, 2010 at 8:59 PM delete

Thanks K,

Ok I’ll give you a clue. It’s someone with wings.

Shall I keep the suspense going for a while? ..lol

Me-shak
July 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM delete

wow, i never expected that. The b&w makes it great.

Cheers!

July 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM delete

Thanks for the comment Me-shak,

Good to see you back mate :)

Cheers

July 9, 2010 at 11:12 AM delete

Wow an actual oasis in the desert! Mysteriously beautiful scenery. The colored version is even better but ya, it's really sad to see how much they've harmed such a scenic environment.

July 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM delete

Thanks for the comment Harumi.