Ring Of Fire

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 11 Comments A+ a-

adjust your monitor brightness and contrast to see all gray scale levels for better view   Fire spinners seen at the “Esala Perahara” (pageant) of our neighboring temple.

Majestic of all the peharahas in Sri Lanka is the ”Kandy Esala Perahara”. To get more info about this year’s Kandy Esala Perahara
   have a look at the ”Harumi’s blog”

September 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM delete

No words man... Still my eye being rotated on the path of the fire... great...

September 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM delete

wooooooooooooooooooowww!!
did u use a tripod?

September 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM delete

Woooooooooooooooowwww! I super envy your cam!! lol This is truly amazingly spellbinding capture!

More pics pls! =D

oh and thanks for adding my link too. ^__^

September 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM delete

@kushan;
Thanks for the comment. Glad you like it!

@md;
Thanks for the comment.

Nop this was shot while handheld. Used AV+ 2 (In Canon don’t know what you call it in the nikon cams) stops since the light was very low at the scene.

@harumi;
Thanks. I think you can do this with any cam. But yeah you get bit more control if you have a entry level cam like mine. I saw some cool offers maybe you can give it a try too :D

I have more of the fire spinner’s pics but not the perahara pics. Let me try to share few more with you.

Hehe. Thanks for letting me to add your link even without your permission … lol

@paresh;
Thanks mate

SACHIRA
September 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM delete

Stunning bro... Speechless...

September 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM delete

Fabulous! you are making the best use of your Canon :)

Me-shak
September 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM delete

Lovely! how did you manage to get this? Really awesome! I love the action of the picture.

We should seriously consider meeting up.

Cheers!

September 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM delete

@sachira;
Thanks for the comment bro

@silent moments;
So does you! Canon rocks! .... hehehe

Thanks for the comment ;)

@me-shak;
Thanks for the comment bro.

Well! I used aperture priority mode in my cam with higher ISO setting (400 in this case). If I would have gone more higher than this( like ISO 1600) it could have add too much noise to the pic and destroy the details of it.

Since I have sets a lower aperture (f 4.5) camera has automatically set the very low shutter speed (1/13s)to enable more light to come in just to compile balanced pic. This is where the camera records the motion of the subject due to low shutter speed.

Then again I used AV +2 setting too ( I know if you increase the number it will add more light to the pic and wise versa ;but I don’t know what exactly it does inside the cam and what are a pros and cons of it ..lol)

To be honest I’m really bad at explaining technical stuff :) . Just search about aperture priority mode in general and you can learn more I guess =D

Yeah bro! Why don’t you drop me a mail in my email addy given here? I would love to catch up with you guys.

PS: I haven’t gone through any classes for photography; so please bear with my dumbness =D

September 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM delete

This is a marvellous photo capture! all the excitment of the 'perahera' is there!

September 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM delete

Thanks for your lovely comment K.