Drive Carefully!

Thursday, February 24, 2011 11 Comments A+ a-

My heartiest thanks to Mr. Kirigalpoththa for organizing the hike =D
   Location : Lower Ohiya - Sri Lanka

February 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM delete

This has come up very well! Waiting to see more :D

Hope little Vethmi had a good time too.

February 24, 2011 at 1:22 PM delete

i envy!
Looks like some place in kerala(my state in India).Awaiting more pics from the trip...

February 24, 2011 at 3:04 PM delete

This is Haldummulla, halatuthenna. The road towards the bambarakanda falls and Devil's Staircase. Am I correct? If it is the place, there is a off-road bike-track down their :-)

February 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM delete

Thanks for your lovely comments all!

@K,
Thanks, but I think I need more practice in landscape photography.

She sure did! You saw how thrilled she was right? =D

@MD,
Yes, there are some similarities with Kerala and Sri Lanka. I have seen lots of pictures of Kerala (I have tons of friends from there too ..lol) . Even we get appam /idiappam and wada in Sri Lanka, only difference is we call it appa , idiappa and wade here … =D

@Vanni,
No machan, this is the road leads you to Worlds End Lodge. After you turned from Kalupahana junction at Haputhale (A4 rd). I think Kirigalpoththa can confirm on this =D

@Amila,
Dreams can come true! Please contact Mr. Kirigalpoththa …. lol

ninz
February 24, 2011 at 11:00 PM delete

Hi anjana,
I didn't know we r so similar.i thought kerala was the only place in the world where appam and idiappam are available!! tons of mallu friends??tired of mallus? :-)

Jayaru1
February 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM delete

I don't remember a place like this. but then again, I didn't have a chance to go to worlds end after I got my camera lol

you should really visit lipton's seat and adisham bungalow, if you haven't already. it's pretty amazing.

Frieda
February 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM delete

Beautiful! I'm waiting for more pictures from your excursion, too...
I wish I could have been there, too :)

February 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM delete

Anjana/Vanni,
This is not the road to Bamabarakanda Falls / Ohiya starting at Kalupahana junction. But this road meets A4 at a point further 3-4km towards Haldummulla, (but before the bazaar). I think it is known as Walhaputhenna,Haldummulla. This road leads you up to world’s End Lodge of Meeriyatenna, Lower Ohiya (Pahala Ohiya). Also the same road takes a round trip through the village (Weerakongama) and joins the road to Bamabarakanda Falls.

Halatutenna Road is further towards Haldummulla and you have to take a right turn while traveling towards Haputhale. But of course from this point you can see most of the area of Haldummulla and beyond..

February 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM delete

@Ninz,
So now you know it .. :D no I never get tired with friends ;)

@Jayaruwan,
That’s what I told you, we cannot throw away the kit lenses in this part of the world. It came pretty handy at this time for me =D
Cool! thanks for the info bro!

@Silent,
Thanks for your comment.

@Frieda,
Thanks for your comment. hope you gonna like the rest of the photos of the hike.

@K,
Ohh, shame on me …lol

Even after visiting the place still I cannot remember anything …. hehe